The other day, I received an emailed solicitation to work as a locums. I *have* worked as a locums, and it worked out OK for me at that time. By way of scene setting, I have worked ED and urgent care as a PA, NOT as a neonatal provider of any stripe.
(paraphrased) “Hello from Erewhon Locums Company! With our national reputation for placing the right provider, in the right position, we are looking for a provider to fill the opportunity described below!
- Location: (some other state)
- Specialty: Locum Nurse Practitioner
- 7/18/2021 – Ongoing
- Will Wait for (some other state) License / BC
- Schedule includes day and night hours. Usual shifts 8am-5 pm, 5pm-8am or 24 hours- a combination could be required based on needs of service. Weekends and holidays required as needed. No call required.
- Procedures Required: Intubation, umbilical lines, PICC placement, lumbar puncture, reservoir taps, thoracentesis, exchange transfusion
- EMR System: (Infernal EMR)
Why Erewhon Locums?
- $1,000 referral bonus opportunity
- Personal travel and housing concierge
- Dedicated support specialist for payroll
- Experienced credentialing team
My e mailed reply:
Well, yes, it is a great match, aside from the fact that I’m a PA, not an NP, that I am no sort of neonatal practitioner, none of the procedures listed is in my skillset, and that I will not work in (other state) for any amount of money that you are likely to pay me.
But, other than that, yeah. Great fit.